Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Pressure-Cooker Fabulous Fajitas
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: Sliced avocado and jalapeno peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped tomatoes
- In a bowl, toss steak with cumin, salt, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When the oil is hot, brown meat in batches and remove. Add water, lemon juice, and garlic to cooker; stir to loosen any browned bits. Press cancel. Return beef to cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove steak with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add red pepper and onion to the cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Serve vegetables and steak with tortillas and desired toppings.